Friday, June 27, 2008

Yoga and Bowling

The SO got the WiiFit several months ago. It is a fun game in which a balance board is the principal mechanism of playing. The board allows you to see whether or not what you feel is balanced or centered.

The SO suggested one day that I try the Wiifit and I obliged her. This is what marriage is all about. Wouldn’t you know it, it was a lot of fun.

An so I found myself doing yoga in the mornings from time to time. Interestingly enough, doing yoga has allowed me to determine how my body feels if I am relaxed and centered. This helps tremendously in bowling in which your body has to be relaxed to throw a 13 pound ball.

Last night, the results were unmistakable: 192, 119, 168. Easily one of my better performances in quite a while.

What also helped was that I was using one of my made in the phillipines work pants which had the inner lining. I guess the lining allowed me to be freeer when moving. I used to use jeans which was stiff and hindered my kneeling.

No comments: